AIIM International is the global industry association connecting the users and suppliers of information management technologies. A neutral and unbiased source of information, AIIM focuses on those technologies that are key enablers of business-to-business e-Commerce and e-Business. Technologies include: Workflow, Document Management, Film, Web-Based Process Management, Content and Knowledge Management, Data Warehousing and Data Mining. AIIM International is accredited by ANSI to develop American National Standards.
AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) is the global community of information professionals. Its mission is to help you and your organization survive and thrive in the era of Information Chaos by solving these 4 key business problems:
- How do we manage the risk of growing volumes of content?
- How do we automate our content-intensive business processes?
- How do we use content to better engage and collaborate?
- How do we gain business insight from all of this information?
This is accomplished if four ways:
- Market research
- Expert advice
- Skills development
AIIM annual conference information: http://www.aiimevents.com/
To be eligible for enrollment in the Company of Fellows each nominee must:
- Have been a Professional Member of the association for at least five (5) continuous years prior to nomination, or have served as Chair of the Board of Directors;
- Be known to be of good character and reputation; and
- Have been of exceptional value to the field through long service to the association; and
- Have demonstrated notable contributions to the ECM industry over the immediately preceding five (5) years.
– See more at: http://www.aiim.org/About/Awards/Company-of-Fellows
The Institute oversees the creation, promulgation and use of thousands of norms and guidelines that directly impact businesses in nearly every sector: from acoustical devices to construction equipment, from dairy and livestock production to energy distribution, and many more. ANSI is also actively engaged in accreditation – assessing the competence of organizations determining conformance to standards.
ANSI/AIIM 25: 2012, Assessing Trusted Systems for Compliance with Industry Standards and Best Practices
This industry standard identifies the activities and operations an organization shall perform in order to evaluate whether the electronically stored information is maintained in reliable and trustworthy Enterprise Content (or Records) Management ECM (also referenced as EDMS, ERM, ERMS) systems.